Monday 23 November 2009

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

1. WHAT PRACTICAL SKILLS HAVE YOU DEVELOPED THROUGH THIS MODULE AND HOW EFFECTIVELY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE APPLIED THEM?

I have learnt colour theory, about legibility and readability of text, how to respond to briefs in a logical way, not to be afraid of making mistakes and critical analysis.

All these practical skills have helped my work, and helped me work more effectively. I think I have taken on board everything I have learnt and applied the skills to my work.


2. WHAT APPROACHES TO/METHODS OF PROBLEM SOLVING HAVE YOU DEVELOPED AND HOW HAVE THEY INFORMED YOUR DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PROCESS?

Researching the subject field area helps immensely in creating a rounded conclusion to the problem. Feedback from crits are helpful and taking everything on board helps to create more informed design decisions. Experimentation not only uses your own ideas and tests them, it helps to create new and stronger ideas.


3. WHAT STRENGTHS CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW HAVE/WILL YOU CAPITALISE ON THESE?

I think my work shows a lot of individual style and experimentation. I like to have things very precise and measured as well. Graphic designers need to appreciate measurement and precision which I think I already do and can use my perfectionist attitude in my favor. Also individual style is what separates you from every other designer, so keeping in touch with my own style whilst still experimenting with other areas will help gain design experience.


4. WHAT WEAKNESSES CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW WILL YOU ADDRESS THESE MORE FULLY?

I think, although I do like experimentation, I tend to get one good idea and stick to it before exploring other possible outcomes. I also need to brush up on my drawing skills, I have never been an amazing drawer and think spending more time on sketching could help in my work.


5. IDENTIFY FIVE THINGS THAT YOU WILL DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO GAIN FROM DOING THESE?
  1. Be better at time keeping, to keep up with the fast pace of the course and produce enough work of quality.
  2. Experiment more with ideas including drawing skills to push my self in an area I am less confident in.
  3. Ask for more feedback on a daily basis of my work to see what other people think from a distance.
  4. Try more ideas out before making a quick decision to stick with my first good idea.
  5. Keep up to date with my blog so my work flows better.
ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS WILL HELP IMPROVE MY WORK AND CREATE BETTER OUTCOMES AND INCREASED CREATIVITY.


6. HOW WOULD YOU GRADE YOURSELF ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS:

5=EXCELLENT 4=VERY GOOD 3=GOOD 2=AVERAGE 1=POOR

ATTENDANCE = 5
PUNCTUALITY = 4
MOTIVATION = 5
COMMITMENT = 5
QUANTITY OF WORK PRODUCED = 4
QUALITY OF WORK PRODUCED = 4
CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment